Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Feldenkrais Therapy Session!

Yesterday, Maddie had her first Feldenkrais/Anat Baniel Method Therapy session in Royal Oak. The therapist she works with has a lot experience in this field and has specifically trained with Anat Baniel. Miss Kathleen was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable. Her goal for the first few sessions is to ease into therapy for Maddie by getting to know her and allowing her to build trust in their relationship. I like her approach and felt a connection with her right away (I was hoping she was good with Maddie because I was already in love with her:)). Maddie did amazing!!!! Although she was weary at first, by the time the session was ending she was at ease and sound asleep (because she was so relaxed). I know I have so much to learn ... but I can see such a difference in this therapy opposed to physical therapy. Maddie seems to respond better and is much  more accepting of Miss Kathleen working with her! Al and I were planning on bringing Maddie to therapy every other week due to finances (it costs $100 per session). The therapist wants to take Maddie on but would like continuity for her and a commitment from us as well (for once a week). This made me realize I need to sell lots of Team Maddie t-shirts and recruit lots of bowlers for September 8th:)). More to come about the Team Maddie Bowl-a-Thon soon (you can sport your new Team Maddie attire:)). I am so excited and can't wait to share with you about her new therapy each week!!!

Here is a picture of Maddie super sleepy after working hard for her first therapy session :)

A special thank you to Jessica Olli (my sister) for creating all of the awesome fliers, bowl-a-thon tickets, and t-shirt forms. Also, thank you to Beth Wright and Lisa Lizak for all of their help making Maddie Lou Whoo's blog super cute (with frames, clipart, and their tech knowledge) :)))!!!

Don't forget to order your Team Maddie t-shirts to help fund her new (much needed) therapy!!! Thanks for all that have donated, your support is greatly appreciated and we are lucky to have you in our lives :)))))

0 comments:

Post a Comment